Spring has sprung and things are moving into high gear on Joshua Farm. In 2013 we will be having monthly work days on the second Saturday of each month. This month, we could really use some help weeding, planting, moving a mountain of soil for our new raised beds, spreading compost, more planting, edging the asparagus and blueberries, painting, picking up [other people’s] trash, still more planting, laying out irrigation hoses, and building community!
- Where: Joshua Farm, of course! 213 S. 18th St. Harrisburg
- When: Saturday, April 13
- Time: Tour and orientation at 8:30 (highly recommended for those who have not volunteered before), work from 9:30-3:00 p.m. with a break for lunch (provided). Come when you can, leave when you have to–even an hour of work is a big help!
- Bring: gloves, hat, water bottle, enthusiasm
- Take home: fresh veggies, blisters, sore muscles, and the satisfaction of a job well done
- Heavy rain plan: dance with joy! But stay home–I don’t have enough inside work to keep ya’ll busy.
- RSVP by Friday noon (and please let me know if you’ll be here over lunch and if you have any dietary restrictions/preferences).
If you’ve never been to Joshua Farm before and want to see what the fuss is all about, please join us! Come for just the tour ($5 donation appreciated if you’re not going to stay and work) or come to work. It’s going to be a fun time. 🙂
Thanks for your support! I’m looking forward to a great season!